Rep. Napolitano Holds Free Export Trade Seminar
On Thursday, October 18, Rep. Grace F. Napolitano held a free business export seminar with the Los Angeles County Fair Association and the San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership at the Sheraton Fairplex Conference Center in Pomona. More than 70 local business people attended for free expert guidance on how to increase international sales and expand their businesses into global markets.
“Thank you for coming to this important event focusing on exports,” Napolitano said. “We need more businesses here and must continue to work together to get the word out so more businesses can benefit from events like these.”
“I strongly believe in Public-Private Partnerships,” said Bob Machuca, Regional Manager of Business Assistance, San Gabriel Valley Economic Partnership/Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation. “I see myself as a foot soldier for the San Gabriel Valley.”
“Opportunity is out there,” said Martin Selander, International Trade Specialist, U.S. Small Business Administration. “Businesses are able to get up to a $5,000,000 loan to get them on the right track for exporting.”
The panel included experts from the U.S. Department of Commerce, the Small Business Administration, the Centers for International Trade Development, the Export-Import Bank of the United States and other organizations. Seminar attendees learned about available government resources and private capital, how to research different markets, and how to secure financing.
Resources for Further Information:
· Small Business Administration (SBA): 1-800-U-ASK-SBA - www.sba.gov/recovery
· SBA Los Angeles Office: (818) 552-3215 www.sba.gov/localresources/district/ca/la
· California Job Service: (562) 402-9336 - www.caljobs.ca.gov
· Small Business Opportunities with Dept. of Energy - management.energy.gov/business_DOE.htm
· Small Business Opportunities with Dept. of Labor - www.dol.gov/oasam/programs/osdbu
# # #